PRIMARY RESEARCH - Third shoot
For my third shoot I used a DSLR and a neutral density filter. I tried to capture the movement of the sea and the sun as it sets. This shoot didn't work how I planned it and my photos were unsuccessful. I think they were unsuccessful because the sea was very calm meaning there was very little movement in the water. The effect that I was trying to create was unsuccessful. I also think it didn't work because the tide was very low and going out, as well as the sun setting. The main problem was that it was too bright because the sun was beginning to set this meant that the camera had to block out more light which it struggled with. All these things played their part together into not creating the effect that Thomas Joshua Cooper, Michael Kenna and Michael Levin use in their photography. For these photos I used a Shutter speed ranging from 30 - 60 seconds, an ISO of 100 and an aperture of f29. I set the camera up at the edge of the sea with a eight stop ND filter. I think my se...



Comments
Post a Comment